Thursday 14 July 2016

LVL Lashes

I don't want to toot my own horn, but I have literally got the best lashes in the whole entire world (maybe). Was I born with these lashes? Technically. Are they naturally this fabulous? Technically not...

Let me explain! Since January sort of time, I'd been indulging in eyelash extensions. However, I just didn't feel like I was making an effort with my makeup when I had them, which annoyed me. So, I was talking to my friend (Pippa May Beauty), and she told me about LVL Lashes. I had a little look into it and then decided I wanted to give them a go!


What are LVL Lashes?

If you've never heard of LVL lashes (LVL Enhance, technically) before, let me (try to) explain! LVL stands for Length, Volume, and Lift. It's basically a modern perm for your lashes which is safer too! The treatment straightens the lash at the root, rather than curling it, which creates the illusion of longer, thicker lashes. It's a more natural alternative to eyelash extensions, plus you don't need to apply mascara (although you can if you like) and the treatment lasts for up to 6 weeks! It takes roughly 45 minutes to do, which if I'm honest is my least favourite part - I'm really bad at laying on my back for any extended period of time (lol)... It just makes me headachey, ok?! The great thing is that as Pippa is my friend, she knows about my weirdness and tries to assist in any way she can! You will also need a patch test for all of the products used throughout the treatment, 48 hours prior to having it done!

The Treatment

Firstly the beautician will decide what size shield (the shield is what they use to straighten your lash) will achieve your desired look. A smaller shield will give you a more dramatic look, whereas a large shield would give a more natural look. They will then tape your bottom lashes down, which can be a little uncomfortable if you're not used to it, also, it's not good if you get claustrophobic! Before the shield is added, the beautician will make sure the eye is cleansed and make-up free. Next, they use a bonding gel on the lid which will stick the desired shield to the lid, the lashes will then be straightened by pulling them straight on the shield. 

Step 1: Lifting Balm - The balm is applied to the base of the lashes. It breaks down the bond of the lashes to enable them to be restructured into a new shape. This is usually left on for 10-12 minutes, depending on the lashes. 
Step 2: Volumising Fix - This is applied in the same place as the lifting balm; it repairs the broken sulphide bonds to fix and secure natural lashes. The Volumising Fiz is left on for half the time of Step 1.
Step 2a: Lash Tint - This is when the tint will be added, usually in black, to darken the lashes and give the effect of mascara. This is applied to the whole of the lash and left for around 3-5 minutes. 
Step 3: Moisturising Serum - The serum is applied to the entire lash and has a dual purpose; firstly, and perhaps quite obviously, it nourishes the lashes with natural oils and essential moisture but it also helps to remove any remaining bonding or tint residue. It's at this point that the shield will be removed. 

The beautician will them comb through your lashes and gently remove the tape which was holding down the bottom lashes; this can cause discomfort and make your eyes water a little! The beautician will then ask you to open your eyes and look up, again your eyes may water, but it's quite normal! (They may also sting, again quite normal, as long as it's not for an extended period of time! If this is the case, your need to rinse your eyes with water). Then, they'll comb through them one last time once your eyes are open and ba da bing, ba da boom YOU JUST GOT LVLS! 

Does it Hurt?

You have to have a patch test done 24 hours prior to having the treatment I had absolutely no adverse reaction to the chemicals/products used. The treatment itself doesn't really hurt at all! I won't lie, there were a few times my eyes felt a bit funny, but I just said to Pippa, my eyes are feeling a bit *insert how they were feeling*, but each time she said that was quite normal! 

Aftercare

Your beautician should run through this with you, but I will mention it quickly in case you feel the need to know before you have them done! 

For the first two days, you should avoid heat, e.g. steam rooms, saunas, etc. For the first 24 hours, you can't get them wet (think Legally Blonde, final trial scene...), wear mascara or use any products on them (e.g. face creams, cleansers, soaps etc). Pippa also told me to be careful when I sleep, because if you sleep on your front, they may get stuck in a very unfortunate way! Finally, you can't use eyelash curlers on them, at all! 

My Thoughts

Once I had my lashes done, I literally felt like the most fluttery lash lady there ever was. Honestly, 10/10 for me - I'm so happy I had them done! I think personally, I would now always opt for LVL over lash extensions; they're just so much more natural and you have far less upkeep with the LVL. If you're near the Peterborough area and want LVLs, then try my friend Pippa, she's amazing!

I hope this was of some help, if it wasn't and you made it to the end anyway - I applaud you! 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Thanks for sharing nice post...

    Looking for Eyelash Extensions, Lip Filler, Sugaring or Pedicure in Peterborough Ontario? Beautique Canada Spa in Peterborough specialize in eyelash extensions, lip filler, sugaring and pedicure. Visit today for all your beauty and spa needs!

    Eyelash Extensions Peterborough

    Spray Tan Peterborough

    Teeth Whitening Peterborough

    Lip Filler Peterborough

    Pedicure Peterborough

    Botox Peterborough

    Sugaring Peterborough

    Lashes Peterborough

    Facials Peterborough

    ReplyDelete

© Katie Bouquet. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig